Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I've had IBS for 18 years and, up until recently, my symptoms were mucus that is separated from the stool and very small pieces of stool that come out separately from a bowel movement. Over the last year or so, my symptoms were getting worse, with the repeated trips, for up to an hour or two after a bowel movement, to take clean up the mucus. About two months ago, I ate some garlic butter vegetables (some frozen stuff from Trader Joe's and not something I ever serve - always go plain with the veges - but wanted something different) and the next morning I had loose stool. I didn't bother anyone else in the family. Things went back to normal for me, and then about five to seven days later, I decided to try Activia yogurt. Within 45 minutes I had terrible gas (and the worse smelling gas I've ever experienced). The next day, all seemed fine, so I ate another yogurt. Had same gas response, but this time had very loose stool. I ate Activia for two more days, thinking that maybe there was a transition period, but have eaten none after that. I have had loose stools every since.Has anyone ever had one type of IBS for YEARS, and then had symptoms switch on them?After a month of home treatment, I went to primary care. Then got referral to gastroenterologist. Am having a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.