Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that IBS tends to fluctuate...I was wondering what the longest flare (or increase in symptoms) you've had is?I'm going on the 5th month of what seems like a flare and I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to calm down again.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS can be consistent, it doesn't have to fluxuate.When my IBS got bad it stayed bad for about 9 months before I got relief. Some poeple have severe IBS for decades. That being said. Looking for evidence things are easing up are more likely to break the cycle of bad IBS than wallowing in the depressing thought that it can't get better.Have you been checked by the doctor since things got bad to make sure nothing new is going on?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
For me it was never a flare, it was just a worsening way of life for over 10 years, every day, with an additional year in recovery. Now D free since the end of 1999.Mark

·
Registered
205 Posts
The past 3 days has been the first time in over 2 months that I have been without abdominal pain/trapped gas. It has been so great, that I am repeating each day the same way day 1 went to ensure I can keep this going for a bit! It has been a huge relief!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im into my 5th month back at school- and ever since the start of school its been reallyyyy bad. Luckily its my last year, so I wont be forced to sit in classrooms 6 hours a day- 5 days a week, worrying if Im going to need to go to the toilet or if my stomach isnt going to shut up- for much longer.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ive had my current Flare since January last year(2009), and its not getting any easier, infact its getting worse, Bloating,Trapped Wind, Pain, cramps and Urgent D every day. Before it would come for about 5-6 months and then go, then come again, now its come and stayed. Im just waiting for it to go, if it ever will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.