Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been here for a few months but I still feel very isolated by my IBS. I'd really like someone to be penpals with, because it's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Short intro: I'm a 23 year old female suffering from IBS, predominantly IBS-C. It's been going on for about 2 years now. I have a history of depression/body image issues. I believe in holistic/natural medicine and have mainly used herbs and acupuncture in attempt to heal. I've also seen a naturopath. None of these things have cured me, however, and I feel quite frustrated and alone.

Would anyone be interested in exchanging letters?

Thanks for considering
smile.png

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been here for a few months but I still feel very isolated by my IBS. I'd really like someone to be penpals with, because it's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Short intro: I'm a 23 year old female suffering from IBS, predominantly IBS-C. It's been going on for about 2 years now. I have a history of depression/body image issues. I believe in holistic/natural medicine and have mainly used herbs and acupuncture in attempt to heal. I've also seen a naturopath. None of these things have cured me, however, and I feel quite frustrated and alone.

Thanks for considering
smile.png
Can you chat here itself or on yahoo messenger ? I might be online once in a while to chat. Or you can send us messages.

Btw, what is bothering you right now ?

As an aside, I suggest that you look beyond naturopathy. Give allopathy a chance. It is likely that it will give you side effects. But, if the side effects

outweigh the benefits, then you should be good to go. I had that experience with omeprazole for my acid reflux. I don't regret taking it one bit.

The problem with naturopathy is that it is not put to the same kind of standards that allopathic medicine is. There is no way to tell anything about their

effectiveness. Btw, natural substances can be as harmful as unnatural ones too. Eg. kava, chapparal, yohimbe can cause liver damage (source - a book

called making sense of IBS).

good luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for considering
smile.png
You can add me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts