Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 36 yr old male. I had IBS-A and went in for treatment after $15,000.00 in testing it was found that my gall bladder was causing the IBS-A and they removed a much inflamed and broken gall bladder. About a month or three after the surgery I found that my IBS-A had turned into IBS-C. On the good side the cramps and pain aren't nearly as bad as before and there's no diarrhea. On the bad side ....you guys know the bad side. I get bloated and lethargic and when I do go: sometimes 1-2 times a week, sometimes once every other week its like passing road gravel with large amounts of mucus. I've done several different things to try and help with my symptoms, most notably drinking prune juice once a week and having a stay on the toilet day; and also taking prescribed medication laxatives and having a stay on the toilet day. I have tried the no gluten, no caffeine, no lactose diet and it helps for about as long as it takes my body to get adjusted to the diet normally 2 months then it returns and I give up the diet a couple months later because I see no point in suffering on the unpalatable food if it isn't helping.I do realize that several of you ladies have it way worse than I do, and I thought I had it pretty bad until I saw this forum. I'm not new to the problem but I do wish I could control it a little better without having to resort to a toilet day. Any advice appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.