Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Conversion van with a built in bathroom, and not a porta potie. I�m thinking a marine toilet. I've had IBS for over 15years and it has been a great hindrance to my daily life and my family's life, especially when trying to travel. So my wife and I are finally looking into getting a van with a bathroom. We found a nice Class B van from roadtrek.com but they are a little large for us and the cost is 65-75K. We have 4 kids so it must fit them as well and I need to use it on a daily basis for going to work.Any ideas on where to find a nice conversion van with a toilet and holding tank that will seat 6. The Roadtrek, http://www.roadtrek.com/van.asp,[/URL] was nice, just a little large. It wouldn�t fit in parking garages and was lousy on gas mileage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Joel,Sad, but very funny!I have to say there have been a few movies/shows out recently that have discussed IBS in a funny manner:The Sopranos (Adrianna had it)Along Came Polly (Very funny)2 week notice (not IBS, but the camper scene was funny to me)IBS never seems to go away, even when we are relaxing!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Joel,Sad, but very funny!I have to say there have been a few movies/shows out recently that have discussed IBS in a funny manner:The Sopranos (Adrianna had it)Along Came Polly (Very funny)2 week notice (not IBS, but the camper scene was funny to me)IBS never seems to go away, even when we are relaxing!

G

·
Hi.I am brand new here, so I will be curious to see how these threads go.I have suffered IBS since I was 15, and I'm now 43. Lordy.Anyhow, I was pretty much sure I was just a phobic freak, though I never read anywhere about people losing bowel control during panic attacks!I had a couple of rough years where I had every bathroom on my route to work memeorized, and never got there without a stop or two or three along the way, and a headache from stress, too.Well, I think a camper with a bathroom is jsut the ticket. Think about it... anxiety free travel.Good luck to you, finding one that is smallish, and affordable.I have dreamed up many a weird contraption, like, how about a shower curtain that wraps around you, so you can hop out of the car even if there is no tree in site...Or...Maybe I should adopt long skirts for travel, which in themselves could be asheilding device in a pinch...

G

·
Hi.I am brand new here, so I will be curious to see how these threads go.I have suffered IBS since I was 15, and I'm now 43. Lordy.Anyhow, I was pretty much sure I was just a phobic freak, though I never read anywhere about people losing bowel control during panic attacks!I had a couple of rough years where I had every bathroom on my route to work memeorized, and never got there without a stop or two or three along the way, and a headache from stress, too.Well, I think a camper with a bathroom is jsut the ticket. Think about it... anxiety free travel.Good luck to you, finding one that is smallish, and affordable.I have dreamed up many a weird contraption, like, how about a shower curtain that wraps around you, so you can hop out of the car even if there is no tree in site...Or...Maybe I should adopt long skirts for travel, which in themselves could be asheilding device in a pinch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.