Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to find FMT donors in the United States. I already had an FMT through the Taymount Clinic, but I have to fly to England every time I need samples---which is very cost prohibitive. I was hoping there is an simpler way to obtain samples of screened donors here in the states.

Many thanks for any help,

Davide

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hi again Davide -

How long ago did you get your FMT's?

Do you feel constipation coming on again, even a little bit, or no?

How much do they charge you for the pills?

w/b when you can and thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again Davide -

How long ago did you get your FMT's?

Do you feel constipation coming on again, even a little bit, or no?

How much do they charge you for the pills?

w/b when you can and thanks!
Hi Flossy,
I got my first FMT in January. My bowels have been fine ever since May, no signs of constipation coming back. The reason for follow-up FMTs has more to do with "maintenance," and plus there are some lagging issues that still have not resolved yet, even though most of my issues are resolved. I don't believe a single FMT alone is enough for many people. The gut did not become dysbiotic in a day, and it is going to take more than a day to restore it. Periodic FMT infusions (maybe every year or so), I believe, are necessary for the most chronically ill cases. This is why I am looking for donors in the United States.

-Davide

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Did you have incomplete evacuation before the FMT's or no? If so, do you still have it now or no?

About how much do you think everything cost, including the FMT's, fecal pills, airfare, hotel, food, etc., etc.. etc. (I'm gonna guess around 15 to 16 thousand, but I really don't know.)

P.S. I found this (see below). Unfortunately I have no idea if they are legit or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I did have incomplete evacuation, a round pebble at a time. My constipation was getting so bad, I had to do nightly enemas to keep things moving.

Cost was not that much. About $7,000 total.
-FMT about $550 per dose, which makes about 18 pills (x10 doses = $5,500)
-AIRFARE anywhere from $400 to $1,000
-Hotel $55/night at the clinic's hotel (x13 nights = $715)
-Rental Car $18/day (x13 days = $234)

Those are the big ticket items.

-Davide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts