Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone;I am working on a new type of IBS book. I want to feature real life stories and their journeys/experience with through learning about and coping with IBS. Some of the topic areas may include:Discovery (First symptoms)First doctor visitDoctor visitsGI visitsTesting" eg: barium enema colonoscopy endoscopy UltrasoundDepression/Anxiety Dealing with depression Dealing with anxietyCoping StrategiesTreating and Coping with: Pain Diarrhea Constipation Alternating D & C Gas/BloatingCounselingAlternate treatments: Herbal remedies Acupuncture Hypnosis Biofeedback CBTEmployment and IBS: Coping at work Tips and hints on dealing with IBS in the workplaceGoing out/Eating outDiet Fibre Probiotics Triggers Lactose Fructose Gluten Social eventsTelling family and friendsMedications used to treat IBSAnything else you can think of that could possibly help someone through their journey.Please note: I am still working on the outline. This outline may change depending on the content I receive.While everyone is unique and each of our journeys through IBS is different, I think that sharing our personal story, the good and the bad will potentially benefit someone who is just starting out.Know there is someone out there who is going through the same experience as you is immeasurably beneficial.If you are interested in contributing to any or all potential topic areas or have any comments or suggestions, please send me an email at IBSbook###telus.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.