Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been tired a lot lately and falling asleep a lot plus the pain I have everywhere. I mentioned this at the VA on tuesday and they checked my pressure points and ouch!!The worst part of this is that I have got it from hubby who is a gulf war veteran. Us wives are getting a lot of their problems and I now have to register on a Gulf War Registry at the VA since I am getting all these things.I thought it was just my busy schedule but realised on the weekend it must have been more than that.Any advice is welcome
Deb M

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi Deb. So sorry to hear another problem added to your plate. That is unnerving about the GWS being passed on to members of the family. I have heard of this. It makes me wonder where I contracted these symptoms. Was it chemicals in the environment (I lived and played on a farm)? Is it a virus?It also makes me wonder if my children and husband are showing signs of it. I would hate to think that I passed it on to them. Every time my husband complains of being tired and wakes up at night, and gets diarrhea if he eats the wrong thing, I wonder if he is getting fibro. Now he complains of a knot in his shoulder a lot. One of my sons has terrible digestive problems, is sensitive to cold, and goes to a chiropracter for back aches. The other son has trouble sleeping at night and has pains in his legs. Now he is having trouble with his knees and gets constipated.Oh well, enough about my family. I hope you and the VA find out it is just a passing thing. How is your husband doing? Does he go to a GWS website for support? What kind of advice are you looking for specifically?M.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi Deb, sorry to hear you're suffering with this. All I can say (I have CFS) is to pace yourself, your physical and mental activity, learn to establish your limits, and be flexible in your approach to managing your time, energy and tasks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.