Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have IBS-D I take 1 imodium at 6.30am then usualy go to the toilet at about 8am sometimes slightly formed sometimes loose/mushy. Some days I go to the toilet and i go and it seems more formed but by the time i have finished going its turned to mushy. How can the same stool go from formed at the begining to mushy and difficult to finish going at the end.I also take 1/2 a calcium tablet with each meal, then before bedtime I take 1/2 imodium, but still i get this problem.Any one any ideas or help as to why, and what makes it easier to pass a sticky loose stool, you would think it being looser it would come out easier, but it doesnt.I have this problem every day, always slightly formed going to mushy.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Have you tried the Calcium Carbonate?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can the same stool go from formed at the begining to mushy and difficult to finish going at the end.I also take 1/2 a calcium tablet with each meal, then before bedtime I take 1/2 imodium, but still i get this problem.I already do., but thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
How can it be?? Because maybe 1 imodium once in the morning (and a 1/2 at night w/the calcium)is giving you a partially formed BM.??? Maybe that is why. It may just be how your body is responding to those meds and supplements. All I can tell you is a change in consistency isn't all that unexpected with IBS. You could try upping your soluble fiber maybe?? idk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.