Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34,954 Posts
The limitation on days of dose is primarily to prevent people from treating something they should go to the doctor about.Once you have established that it is IBS (and not a GI infection or a parsite, other disease, etc) it is safe to take daily, but I wouldn't go over the max/day on the package unless the doctor OK's it. (for a reference point some opiate addict was taking something like 160 pills a day--it is an opiod receptor drug but it normally doesn't make it out of the GI tract in amounts enough to make you high--and survived, but did need to go through detox. So the space between the effective dose and the lethal dose seems to be quite broad).I see no problem with taking both calcium and imodium.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.