Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise in advance for the long post... but here goes.I am 20 with IBS-d. This time last year I was in hospital and doing so badly. But with a combination of pantoprazole, amiptriptyline, fybogel, loperamide and a gluten, dairy, egg and yeast free diet I finally felt like some version of normality was in reaching distance.To cut a long story short, I now have to change my contraceptive pill [which is very important factor in the oh so delicate balance of doing ok] because I have an increased risk of stroke.Finding this out has left me feeling as though I am clinging onto my sanity by a thread. Just when I find a balance that works for me and start to build back up my broken confidence, the rug is ripped out from under my feet and I will have to go back through months, years of messing around with new drugs and different combinations to be able to participate in life. I do believe that a positive attidue is helpful, but right now I don't feel as though I have enough mental strength to get me through. I suffer from anxiety and depression and also have obssessive compulsive disorder. I have a history of self harm and have begun to self harm again, but hide it from my boyfriend and family. I am frightened of what I will become, especially given that at this point, my physical problems are still manageable. I know that there must be a way out of this darkness, and that I want to choose life. I know I need to approach a doctor and seek help, but I don't know how to sit across from a stranger and tell them that I feel broken into a million pieces and don't know how to stick myself back togther for another battle. I see the irony of being able to tell all you folks, but I feel like here, people understand and don't judge.I am desperate to hear of ways people managed to move forward with anxiety, depression, OCD or self harm. I have tried hypnotherapy with some success but nothing else.Thank you, pepito x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for responding. I found a [seemingly] good doc and went today. I so nearly skipped out on the appointment, but managed to pull myself together and got on with it. She was super helpful and thought that the instablity of my mental situation posed much more of a current risk than the risk associated with my meds. We're putting off the switch until I feel stronger and I already feel that just getting things off my chest has eased the anxiety a little. I came away with a script for my first anti anxiety meds, so here goes on the journey to find one that suits. I'm under no illusions that this will be quickly resolved but at least I've made a start.My diet is intolerance free but a bit all over the place so I'm going to try for more of a routine of eating proper meals, sleeping better and finding a bit more purpose in my days. Thanks again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.