Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've suffered with IBS-D for nealy 10 years, I am nealy 20 now. My attacks are the most painful thing I have ever experienced, I either get them after eating dinner or in the early hours of the morning before I have even had breakfast. These attacks include extreme stomach pain (diarrhea) and a heavy on-set feeling of nausea which sometimes leads to vomiting. Being awoken by these feelings from anywhere between 2-5AM are physically draining me, I also have anemia so I take medication for that and Buscopan when I need it although I am starting to think that is isn't strong enough! Is there any different IBS medication that I could take? I need something that actually stops the pain and something to help me sleep would be a bonus. Any suggestions? -- Thank you if you do reply!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm right in the middle of an attack at the moment. I feel sick to my stomach yet I cannot throw up. This feeling is horrible! Someone see these and reply soon please, I am losing the will to live right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am so sorry your having an attack. Have you tried taking imodium to stop the diarrhea? My doctor gave me Bentyl for stomach pain. It is a antispasmodic drug. I also take ambien for insomnia. Please hang in there! I know how hard this is, but don't give up on life! Please keep posting and send me private messages if you want. We IBS sufferers have to stick together. I'm here for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.