Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It dawned on me that I never asked- nor did the MD tell me- about drinking while taking Lotronex. I read the pamphlet and didn't see any kinds of warnings in there. Had anyone heard anything to the contrary??YES- I know drinking could effect my IBS- but for me it really seems to calm my belly. ------------------Here's to pain free days!SandiIBS/D For 20+ years

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping since I haven't gotten a reply....Does anyone know- has anyone tried??------------------Here's to pain free days!SandiIBS/D For 20+ years

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jean-You really are full of helpful tips for me this evening! What a great idea- think I'll call and if he says OK- I'm off for a glass of wine! It's a tad warm in the house this evening- and that sounds yummy! Also, got all set for the chat- someone else was on and they said they could even get my voice message- so thanks again! ------------------Here's to pain free days!SandiIBS/D For 20+ years

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been on Lotronex for 2 months. I initially wondered if I got more headache from the Lotronex if I've had a drink or two, but have concluded that I don't.Incidentally, I have had a lot fewer side effects from the Lotronex than when I started. I even cut down to 1/3 tablet twice a day initially, and have now been on 1 whole tablet twice a day for almost 3 wks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi..I go out eat and drink and I mean really drink wine with no side-effects whatsoever!!Actually I feel great!I live in Rome and to go out to dinner without drinking wine is considered a sin, it's like drinking water *s

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been on Lotronox for 2 months and have had no trouble with a drink or two a week. In my IBS pre-lotronox days, I drank alcohol very seldom. Everything sent me to the bathroom. After eight years of suffering, I am normal again and very happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.