Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been skulking in the back ground of this BBS for about 2 years and appreciated that there were other sufferers I could relate to. This is my first post....I have just volunteered for an Alosetron study on Men. It appears this drug will help men but the sample group of men was too small in the initial trials. I have suffered IBS-D for about 4 years and am at my wits end. Although I will have to go through a battery of tests and an endoscopy before the trial, I thought if I did not try to help who would?? After the initial screening the trial should last 3 months.I just wanted to let any of the the male sufferers that there is still hope for us. I pray the trials are a success. My only trepidation is that I end up in the placebo control group.Let's keep a positive outlook!GBAF

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have been on it for 6 weeks and I think it has helped me.. I for about 6 months had D 4 out of 5 days and before that I had D about onetime a week. In the last 6 months I did not want to leave my house but after being on it for 2 weeks I went on vacation. I should say that it has not releaved all the pain, between 60 to 80%, that is better than anything I have tried...[This message has been edited by bobk (edited 02-14-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GBAFI too hope there is help out there for us males. I am currently involved in the Alosetron trials, and have been taking the pills for about 3 weeks now with no affect. Of course, I could have the placebo, but I don't think so, since I've gotten some of the side effects. I've also heard that it can take 1-4 weeks to produce results, so I'm still optimistic Anyway, best of luck to you on the trials. I hope you see an improvement and we can finally have a solution to this living hell.GP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious but what were your symptoms before going on the trial, D or C?Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My IBS is D, and I must say that today, I have actually felt some relief.Although I still have some of the symptoms (abdominal pain, bloating and feeling of incompletion ), the pain and bloating seems to have lessened in severity.Hopefully there is help for us.GP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.