Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read elsewhere that Lotronex will be back--the co. has to spend more time & money getting doctors informed re the proper use of this fabulous drug. Meanwhile, I use NSF and it helps, and it's basically without side effects--just costs money!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I must have read about it at the old parkviewpub or I also saw it on drweil.com--and I got on some list as having IBS and then got an email from the co. who makes it--Shamon Botanicals.I HAVE NO STAKE in this product or the co. Because Lotronex is gone and because over the last 6 mon. I have successfully used NSF for minor diarhhea or when I was going to be around home, going only to the Lotronex when necessary because it eventually constipates me--I'm posting my personal finding, hoping it might help someone else. It Does cost money, isn't covered by insurance, but the co. sends it quickly--a large bottle with 2 tiny bottles for purse or backpack--and I respond to it within hours. As to the Lotronex rumor, I saw it at one of the websites posting headlines when I went back to the date on which it was removed--I'm sorry I can't nail it down, tho. It may be just a rumor--let's hope not. Meantime, be sure to let the FDA know your thoughts-I did.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Funny, never heard of NSF before today and now I've seen an article on it and this thread. The article I saw came from a search on Lotronex. Here's a portion of the acticle:"SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BW HealthWire)--Nov. 30, 2000Shaman Pharmaceuticals, Inc (OTCBB:SHPH.OB) today announced updated findings from its series of ongoing customer usage surveys. Based on these updated findings, 79% of respondents who purchased Shaman's anti-diarrheals, NSF and NSF-IB, purchased them for relief of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) related diarrhea or forms of undiagnosed diarrhea potentially related to IBS. The majority of these respondents indicated the product helped relieve their diarrhea.Shaman believes that any indication of efficacy against IBS related diarrhea is significant due to the size of the IBS market in The United States alone. Health professionals estimate that as many as one in five adults will be affected by IBS at sometime in their lives, and a 1999 landmark survey indicates that as many as 75% of sufferers experience recurrent and episodic diarrhea as a manifestation of the syndrome. New medications targeting the cause of IBS vs. individual symptoms have recently entered the market. Glaxo Wellcome's Lotronex is the first of these products introduced in the U.S. However, the Company voluntarily withdrew the drug recently at the request of the FDA."The whole article is available at http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m0EIN/200...l?term=lotronex if you're interested.Besides the above people, has anyone else tried NSF and what were your experiences.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I haven't tried NSF but I looked at the webpage of the company, Shaman pharmaceuticals. There was a place on there where you could have them send you a sample bottle of NSF. I don't know anything about it or if it works...but I thought someone might be interested in the free sample.Kim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.