Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Prometheus used to offer a patient assistance plan and initial coupon for lotronex, but believe that they are no longer honoring this (as their website states). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other coupons or patient assistance plans for this specific drug. I have to reach a very high prescription deductable before my insurance starts kicking in for the $50 copay. Last time I used lotronex I had already reached the deductable so I didn't have to worry about this. (I know I'll be getting it at a costco or target and will call around to find the cheapest place.)Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answering my own question. I just spoke with Prometheus and despite what is written on their website, they still can provide a discount coupon card for Lotronex which will pay for up to $250, with you paying $50 copay. However they are coming out with an even better assistance program which will pay up to $500 (with the $50 copay) beginning in April. He encouraged me to get the current one, which I did, and then call back in April to get the updated one, which I will do.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Awesome news! So happy for you! This will make it so much easier for folks. I appreciate you answering your own question
and sharing this valuable info with us!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Answering my own question. I just spoke with Prometheus and despite what is written on their website, they still can provide a discount coupon card for Lotronex which will pay for up to $250, with you paying $50 copay. However they are coming out with an even better assistance program which will pay up to $500 (with the $50 copay) beginning in April. He encouraged me to get the current one, which I did, and then call back in April to get the updated one, which I will do.
I told you Prometheus is really pushing this stuff. I think mine was a 15 day free trial which was a life saver without health ins.Curious, you said he had tried Lotronex before, did it not work? What is the reason for trying it again?Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been taking Lotronex for almost 11 years (both before it was taken off the market and after it returned and I also used the Lotronex coupon Pay the first $15). Lotronex changed my life in that I became able to function as a "normal person." I can work, go out socially and eat most things without fear of sudden and embarrassing diarrhea. The pains and urgency are things of the past, unless I run out of Lotronex. Lotronex has been a God send for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.