Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor wants me on Lotronex but I am afarid due to the side effects some have had. Noting else seems to work for me. I follow my safe diet, keep my stress down, etc. Any feedback would really help me. Thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lisarae,I will hopefully be trying this drug soon myself. There have been a number of posts like yours in this forum, so poke around and see what people have said. I am very much in favor of this drug and in my opinion the dangers of the drug, if used properly, have been exaggerated. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. Please let me know when you go on the new medicine and how it works for you. Do you follow a strict diet now? I am curious is all if the meds will open up the window somewhat as to what I can eat. I will update you when I go on it. Thanks, Lisa

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lisa,No problem. I think a number of people who take this drug are able to follow less restrictive diets and some found they can eat just about anything. I personally don't have that many trigger foods per se, and find that the stress of obsessing over diet is in fact worse for me than most foods, so I mostly just use common sense but some foods are still out. Anyway, will definitely let you know how (if) the stuff works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi NathI am from Australia too(Male, 20 years old), i am curious as to how you obtained Lotronex as I wish to trial it out tooThanks a lotNihalPlz send email to jbhat###ozemail.com.au

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Lisarae,I replied to your question in the other section but I'll explain here also. I've been on Lotronex, 1mg a day, for about 2 years. I LOVE it...it has changed my life drastically. I have had no side effects. I have to visit my doctor every three months and have to get a special prescription for it.I say give it a chance...you never know. I couldn't live without it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I just saw your post and it was written on the 4th but thanks. Can you eat anything you want now? I am on a very low fat diet, no coffee and no red meat and no dairy.Fat is a big trigger, think french fries! Want is your diet like? Thanks, Lisa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.