Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am writing to let you know that I have been following with great interest your letters about the new launch of Lotronex.I actually felt that even though it has not been launched here in the UK yet that it would or could benefit me.I have D and have had ibs for 17 years.My husband is a pharmacist but also works advising GP's about prescribing so we contacted Glaxo and queried about the trials of Lotronex in this country.However they are very reluctant to launch here and from the literature that was sent to my husband I doubt if we will ever see it in this country.I just feel as if we (ibs sufferers in the UK)are generally ignored,we do not seem to have half of the medications that the USA have.I even had to but my calcitrate in an american airport on a recent holiday.Does anyone else find this a problem? And if our friends in the USA had not have Lotronex launched would you too have felt cheated out of a possible relief?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi SwampDuck,Thanks for the info, even though it seems like bad news for us in the UK. I have emailed Glaxo re. Lotronex availability in the UK but still no reply. We will have to start a campaign if we are going to be deprived of this medication! I've been reading the Lotronex threads with interest, and hoping that those people trying it will see some positive results.On a brighter note I have been able to get Caltrate in Tescos and Safeways.If you or your husband have any more news please keep us informed.Good luckKari (D)[This message has been edited by Kari (edited 04-01-2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts