Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Lotronex Info

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  VernaEileenR 
I'll have to check but I thought the new dose was 1 mg once a day INITIALLY and once you see how that goes it goes up to 1 mg 2X a day which is down from the full 2 mg up to 2X a day from the original dosage.But I will have to see if I can find this, rather than pulling it out of my fuzzy headHere is the current dosing, which is one tablet initally going up to 2 a day if needed
quote: Begin with 1�tablet a day for 4�weeks to see how LOTRONEX affects you.Although the effect of 1�tablet a day on IBS symptoms has not been studied in clinical trials, you and your doctor may decide that you should keep taking this dose if it adequately controls your IBS symptoms and you have not become constipated or had ischemic colitis while taking LOTRONEX.* If you try 1 tablet a day for 4�weeks and it does not control your symptoms, does not make you constipated, and does not give you ischemic colitis, tell your doctor. Your doctor may tell you to take 1�tablet 2 times a day, the dose that was used in clinical trials.If 1 tablet 2 times a day does not work after 4�weeks, LOTRONEX is not likely to help you and you should stop using it and call your doctor. http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/lotr...guide060502.htm

Now I can't seem to find any of the old prescribing info that I can verify was pre the re-release.However it seems to me that most people that remember taking it before remember 2 mg pills...but memory is a funny thing.K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.