Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it that the muscles have become so lax afters years of not working correctly to "push" a stool that they don't know how to react to a formed stool?This is day two on Lotronex (only 1 pill a day)- what a weird day it has been- alternating between feeling O.K. cramping and stabbing and still have four BM's although formed in one day. I had two small BM's this morining and found I had a hard time "moving it". I really think my rectal muscles just don't know what to do with THAT! I am having cramps and the urge to go- and it's right there- and could only go a little. Try number three resulted in more volume and softer stool. What are your thoughts?------------------Here's to pain free days!SandiIBS/D For 20+ years

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cramping is common for the first 30 days or so. IBS ,GlaxoWelcome says, IBS is caused from a over supply of Sertonin in your brain. Lotronex attacks the sertonin. There is even some thought that it is responsible for Fibro. but that is still a thought and is being looked into at Glaxo. If you cantact Glaxo they will send this information to you. In fact they would like more people to call in and tell them how your are doing on the Lotronex. I just talked to them a couple of days a go and the girl I talked to expressed this suggestion to me to tell others to call and let them know how you are doing.I still have some cramping but not as much as when I first started. I've been on it for over 60 days.I take 2 pills a day. I get constipated but then that is what Lotronex does. You have take fiber in some form with this and each person is different so you will have to experience with the fiber as to how much and what kind. Calsium is recommed but again you have to try what is best for you. One thing I pass on is that Glaxo has told me this isn't a cure but it is a help. We will have set backs so watch what you eat and in moderation. Lotronex has given me my life back.Taffy[This message has been edited by taffy (edited 05-25-2000).][This message has been edited by taffy (edited 05-25-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TaffyYou have good info about how lotronex works, however, ibs is caused by too much serotonin in the GUT not the brain...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.