Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO...I AM A NEW MEMBER WHO HAS BEEN READING YOUR COMMENTS FOR THE PAST MONTH. I HAVE BEEN AN IBS SUFFERER FOR 16 YRS. MY DOCTOR HAS PICKED ME AS A CANDIDATE FOR THE NEW MED LOTRONEX. IN A FEW WKS I WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN A PROGRAM WHERE, BY TOUCH-TONE PHONE, I WILL BE ANSWERING CERTAIN QUESTIONS RELATING TO HOW MY DAY HAS BEEN. DONT KNOW WHAT THE QUESTIONS WILL BE YET, BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW. THE DR. SAID THAT BY EARLY MAY THE DRUG WILL BE AVAILABLE. THIS SURVEY IS ONLY BEING CONDUCTED ON WOMEN WITH "D". SORRY PEOPLE WITH "C". SINCE NOTHING HAS SEEMED TO HELP SO FAR, I GUESS I WONT GET MYSELF TOO EXCITED, BUT I CAN ONLY HOPE. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

G

·
Pottygirl, today is my first day,too. Your study sounds interesting and I look forward to hear the results. Thanks for your keeping us updated. I look forward to reading your messages. Anything to help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm been on the drug for about 5 weeks and as a male I think for me it works great. I hope the drug gets FDA approval this year soon because the test drug will end at the end of March for me. I have been so much better after being on drug for about two weeks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BOBK - I believe that Lotronex has been approved by the FDA from what my Dr. told me, but due to the merger of the pharmaceutical co. producing it, they are running behind schedule. My Dr. says it is expected to be available to everyone in May. Assume you have been on the experimental end (no pun intended). Hopefully they will allow you to continue and not wait until May. Glad to hear it is working for you. Maybe there is hope afterall?????!!!!!!!!Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It has not formally been approved by the final board of the FDA, it has been by the FDA advisory committee recommends the drug for approval. Check out this web site for more.. http://www.glaxowellcome.co.uk/cgi-bin/fra...ine_200002.html I have sent e-mail to Glaxo and talked to them and knowing how the FDA works no one knows when it will get the final approval. I was told by who I get the drug from it will be summer(they think June)....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bob or anyone -- I had heard from someone in touch with Glaxo reps that the application runs out on March 31 (always six months from date of application Sept 31, I think), and in order to extend the date, they have to reapply. I hadn't heard this latest news about Nay or June in summer (darn!) BTW, you're right, it's not been approved yet, but fully expected to be approved. Maybe one of you on the study could ask further about whether that would entail reapplication?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
bobk, good, tell those Glaxo people that! So far they all think it helps only women. And there stock needs all the help it can get!As a matter of fact I would like to try that drug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.