Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first prescription for Lotronex with the new gray stickers. They say "refills permitted" so my doctor gave me two refills. For some reason I thought you could only get one but the sticker does not limit the number.My doctor didn't even know they had changed, or that he could provide refills, until I pointed it out to him. So check your next prescription to get your refills - so nice to have 3 months lined up now!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
How does Lotronix work for you? I have been trying to find someone who takes this drug. My doctor wants to try this and I am afarid due to the info I have read on this drug but all the drugs we have tried have not worked and I am so sick of being sick. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lotronex definately controls my D (better than anything else on earth), but it does give me gas, which can be painful. I take between .5mg and 1.0 mg per day depending on how I am, trying to take as little as I can get away with.I would not avoid Lotronex because of the issues, all drugs have issues, I can't see that L is any different. Just don't take it if you are already constipated or it you see any blood in your stools at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the information. Can you go back to a normal diet once on the medicine? I am now on a IBS-D diet. Very low fat, no red meat, no dairy and no coffee. We live in Atlanta too. Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.