Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have also been on lotronex since May & have had wonderful results. I too am upset that Lotronex is no longer available, however Glaxxo has pulled the drug for our own good!! Would we rather have an ailment that will not kill us(even though I know it feels that way sometimes), or a drug that could cause us worse problems & even death!! I for one would rather search for an alternative method than Lotronex. I know this message will upset many of you & I am sorry if it does, but I thought my feelings should be heard. I do not right on the board often, but I do read it everyday. May God be with us all!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
You could ask your doctor about mirtazapine (that's the generic name, the brand names are Remeron in the US, and Zispin in the UK) which works in a similar way to Lotronex, but appears to be a lot safer. It is a new class of antidepressan. THere have been a few posts on Remeron recently, try doing a search.susan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.