Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Early studies show that generally it doesn't work for men; however, some later studies showed a few men do respond the same way women do so it can work for some. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a way to screen which men it will work for, and many insurance companies will not cover it for men (although you may be able to appeal that and get it covered).A fair number of drugs have a gender difference, and in the 1990s they began requiring tests in both genders with an analysis of the genders separately. Before that most drugs were only tested in men.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just started it yesterday... so far, I am still having issues, but they are a little less painful and the 'big d' hasn't been as bad. I will let you know if it works any better after a few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heard it is a med for women.But is there any man taking it with success?
I've been using it for more than a month now and it's working very well. My dr told me the idea that it does NOT work for men is only because the study conducted did not include enough men to make the results "statistically significant" - she's prescribing it for men with good results.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been using it for more than a month now and it's working very well. My dr told me the idea that it does NOT work for men is only because the study conducted did not include enough men to make the results "statistically significant" - she's prescribing it for men with good results.
Thank you.I guess I can only wait and hope that Europe also approve of it.Well the other option is illegaly import it but I assume it is the same risk as importing "real" drugs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts