Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started Lotronex this morning. I have been sick for a very long time. I don't know much about it, so if anyone knows anything would you please let me know. I will post every couple days and let everyone know how this drug is working and maybe together we can fight to get these insurance companies to pay for it. Because mine refused to and I'm sorry I'm not rich enough to spend $152.59 a month, that is why I have insurance ya know. So please if anyone has info please contact me. Thank You!!
[This message has been edited by Kendra (edited 07-01-2000).]

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
KENDRA: One of the doctors I work with is Larry Gilderman, who is the medical director of University Medical Research Center and CLinic here in south FLA. He is very involved in preclinical trials for pharmaceutical firms, and I believe was involved in first-phase trials of Lotronex (with mixed results, I think he is preparing for a second phase trial, I know he mentioned something about this). He may have had some experience among the test group with billing PPO's and HMO's and may know something (or may not). I will be seeing him probably next tuesday. Please bump this up Tuesday morning to remind me to ask him and I will let you know what he says.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Kendra:Many people on the BB are trying Lotronex. We have two long threads we have going on it. One is GALS on Lotronex, at http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007357.html . The other is one for guys on Lotronex, and I'll have to do a search for.If you go to the search function at the right of your screen, and search in the subject line for Lotronex, you'll find a lot of info. I don't take it myself, because I alternate C & D, and only have D occasionally, so I don't have first hand info.From what I read, there have been good, bad, and medium experiences with it. Good luck!
JeanG[This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 06-29-2000).]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Kendra: I have been taking Lotronex since March of this year, and I must say...I can't complain. I actually have a life again. It was getting to the point where I didn't even want to leave my house anymore. Now, with the help of Lotronex, I can do things that I couldn't do for quite some time. In social situations, I use Imodium as a backup source, just to be on the safe side. I had been taking 1 tablet a day, but just recently increased to 2 a day, due to the fact that I just started on Prozac (for PMS). But it is helping a great deal. Hope this helps you out. If you need more info, let me know! I would be more than happy to chat with you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Kendra. I have been on Lotronex since April and I had mostly very soft stools and D and could go all day. Just this past 2/3 weeks I have been constipated. Just found out today that in order for me to have my Lotronex covered my Dr. had to call in and get a precertification so that Ins. will pay. I was surprised that they just started this now!! Hopefully you will start to feel better and the Insurance co's will realize how important a med this is. Good luck . I'll be looking for you follow ups.------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts