Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken vitamin c, prunes, miralax, magnesium, and senna today and still didn’t have a bm. I feel really constipated and uncomfortable but I’m unsure what my next steps should be. I’m trying not to use enemas too often though I know that would probably help me go. I eat a high fiber Vegan diet, so I doubt anything I eat would help. My doctor says I should try to go every day but I’m not sure how.

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
106 Posts
Hi Sunstar, I know this may not be something to help in the immediate term, but since none of those remedies or options are helping, I wonder if you have investigated the possibility of some kind of structural problem or obstruction with the help of your doctors? Do you have a history of abdominal surgeries? Endometriosis? Abdominal injuries? Connective tissue disorder? And what about diabetes?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no history of abdominal surgeries or injuries. My dad is diabetic but last time they tested me I was not. I get bad periods but have never had endometriosis brought up maybe I will ask my primary about it. I had a doctor who thought I may have a connective tissue disorder but I was never officially diagnosed. I used to have severely hyper mobile joints but because I have a neurological condition that causes progressive muscle spasticity, the spasticity sort of trumps the hyper mobility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts