Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see my doctor for a few weeks, but I have lots of questions. First, I didn't have any symptoms of ibs until about two months following the removal of my gall bladder. Can this bring on ibs? I've read some information that the dumping of the bile can be the problem. Also, the only thing my doctor has me doing right now is taking Citrucell. So far there has been very little, if any, relief. I am continually in pain. Any suggestions? One last question. I can be eating something and all of a sudden I just can't eat any more or I'll get sick. It doesn't seem to be any particular food. For instance, I could be very hungry, start eating a hamburger, and before I'm half way through it I feel that if I eat one more bite I could lose it. Is that normal for ibs? Thanks,nnld

G

·
Vomiting/nausea may indicate an upper GI thing rather than a lower GI thing.Somewhere around 5-15% of people without a gall bladder get diarrhea out of that, so it can be a start of IBS (or IBS like problems). Abdominal surgery can start IBS.Does it get better if you eat a low fat diet? (only lean meats, no hamburgers
no greasy or fried foods?)Questran/Colestid may help with the bile. LNAPE on the main board has good luck with Calcium after problems from a gall bladder removal so you might want to check out her posts on the OTC section of the board.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.