Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I have read someone mentioning this before, but I can't find it.For the past couple of weeks, I have been having like windy cramps in my lower belly a while after going to the toilet and low down righ sided back pain - like horrible painful cramp. It is confusing, as it feels like a back problem, but I today I have had it most of the day - woke up with it in fact. Had really loose bowel movements last week/early part of this week with the stomach cramps following and so started taking the domperiodne again as I felt really full of indigestion with a feeling of fullness througout. Yesterday, a little better formed and today also, but the pain - owwwww! I am farting a LOT yesterday evening and this evening and (sorry to be gross) it stinks :0(Just generally feel like even if I go in the morning (every day), I still feel I need to go again later, but I can't just this horrible farting. Incidentally, I think the farting relieves the pain for a bit and then there seems to be another build up of it. It's no good me sitting on the loo for a second time later in the day, even though I feel I need to go again because the last time I did that last week, I only did a small bit of soft stuff but I bled too.Anyway, my question is: does anyone else get this horrible low down back pain. Feel like they need to go more (after already going once in the morning) and get this awful wind all evening? What's causing it? I can't be full - surely and what do you take to dispel it?This is such a nightmare when you are trying to work during the day and then dodging around the house trying not to smell the place out when the family's home in the evening
((Wotsupdoc

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sometimes get lumber pain with my IBS, usually when it is the back end of a flare. A hot water bottle works fine to ease it off and its gone by morning. The pain is caused by your colon spasms effecting muscles. After a long spell of these spasms the muscles (I think) in your lower back can take a pounding. I usually find after a big flare up my abdomen feels tender like i've been in a boxing match too.It usually subsides after a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.