Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had huge amounts of antibiotics after having cosmetic surgery and my IBS symptoms (which I had been keeping within a mostly bearable place with eating gluten free,dairy free and never eating to much carbs diet) went completely beserk.My intolerances to food increased including more foods than before. Two months after the taking the antibiotics I still had constant diarrhea, sharp gas pains, tiredness and constant lower bowel, and lower back pain.So I decided (because this all occured after taking the antibiotics) to go back to my old theory that IBS is actually a Candida (Yeast) problem. I did some internet research and found info on "Symbion" from somebody who has used this probiotic for his candida/IBS. I decided totry it but when I really looked at the whole candida problem (thanks to finding Bee's Candida Site) I realized Ineeded to bite the bullet and start a real low carb/high fat diet according to Bee's protocol. I have been on it for 5 months now. The pain stopped after a very short amount of time, the diarrhea took about 2 months, I can eat butter now :)my last period was so much better, my perimenopausal flashes went, I don't get bloated after a meal, no more wind in the bowels that can't be released and more.Bee also has a Yahoo group where you can write in and ask for questions or reasurrance when the going gets a little tough as she knows exactly whatcan happen with people on her diet. This is a great help. I've given her a couple of small donations but you don't have too. I just feelso grateful for her continuing support. Bees states that it takes 1 month being on this diet for every year you have been sick. So I'm sticking to it, I've had IBS for 12 years. I won't pretend that there wasn't times when after being dead tired for weeks on end that I really thought I should give up the diet. But Bee states that it takes 2 months for the body to change from a sugar burning body to a fat burning body so I had to go through this period and sure enough around the 8 weeks mark I started to get more and more energy. I now absolutely love my fats! I really don't know about the Symbion. I still take it but it probably isn't necessary and could be just an added expense. Anyway I just had to say something about what has happened to me you can take it or leave it. I took me so long to get where I am ignoringwhat I really had to do. I hope it doesn't take so long for you. For me to find this diet and apply it and to get results is just spectacular!.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.