Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused- have been diagnosed w/ibs- for years now- several colonoscopies, and other tests- but my eternal gas seldom lets up. Now, if you go by Heathers diet( i assume some of you know about that)- you eat bread etc alot of it along w/ meals- now I wonder if in effect that causes more gas- bread, rice, potatoes etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am familiar with Heather's diet. I tried it and it doesn't work for me at all. I have to stay on a high protein/low complex-carb diet to manage my symptoms well. I say complex carbs because things like white bread, sugar, white rice, etc. don't seem to bother me but potatoes, most vegetables, salad, tomatoes (fresh or as sauce), pasta and whole wheat/dark breads bloat me up and send me running to the BR.I recently started taking the non-pathogenic yeast probiotic Florastor twice a day and Flora-Q, another probiotic, once a day and seeing great results with my gas/bloating issues. You might want to test these out being that gas is a major symptom for you.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I am not of much use, re dieting for IBS, any more; but I can certainly say that some foods continue to give me bad gas. I was convinced to try the diet in Eating 4 Your Bloodtype and found the gas reduced very noticably. If you still want to use Heather's diet, you might want to "vet" her suggestions through this book. Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.