Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello kelseydiane31
I don't know if it would work, I guess it all depends on your lifestyle and body type and most of all your triggers. What do you mean by low-fat? Is it excluding fat or just eating things that have "low-fat" sign on them?
I am on a low fat diet but not by choice and it is not fun. I'm unable to digest fat (among other things) and I take digestive enzymes that contain lipase with my main meals-without them I literaly cannot eat anything. Fat makes my symptoms flare up in a painful way but that does not mean they go away if I avoid it. My diet is extremely restricted in variety and size and as a result I am underweight. At the moment I have 54,7 kg(120,6 lbs) and I'm 176cm ( 5,77 ft)..I have only 9,8 grams of body fat and I'm still loosing weight. We are not meant to live only on protein and we need fat so that our bodies can function. There are vitamins that can only be stored in fat so thread carefuly if you decide to try this diet and make sure it is not for long periods ot time.
Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually tried the 5:2 Diet and it actually helped me a lot.
It’s called the 5:2 diet because five days of the week are normal eating days, while the other two restrict calories to 500–600 per day.
Because there are no requirements about which foods to eat but rather when you should eat them, this diet is more of a lifestyle.
But i have to say that during the 2 days of lowering the calories i always felt extremely week and had sort of stomach aches and constipation. But after consulting my doctor he pointed out at a lack of certain vitamins and micronutrients in my diet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The moment I was diagnosed with IBS I went completely herbal. Which means eating the herbal/plant-based diet and taking herbal medicines. It turned out to be the best health decision. I was never been this active and healthy. I follow iahas.com for some great herbal recipes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts