Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my IBS has been more active and now involves reflux. Food seems to make it better but nothing seems to be helping. I cannot take levsin, or bentyl because it causes problems with the reflux, big time.I have started on Buspar to help with the anxiety and the nausea that now has appeared.This morning there was some blood in my loose stool and on toilet paper.I have an appointment with my family doc at 2:30 this afternoon and an appointment with a GI doc at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say I am very frightened.I've had IBS for over 45 years but don't remember what is going on now. I was diagnosed with UC when I was 17 in '59, but have never had another episode with it. Not been scoped for a while.I am so scared that it is kicking up everything, can't eat, stomach tense.Just wanted some words of encouragement.....can use them.I know I am over 50 and that seems to be a concern, but there is no cancer in my family history. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years and hope that counts for something.Thanks for letting me vent..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think you sure made the right decision on seeing the doctor. Good thing you could get in so quickly. Perhaps it is an anal fissure of hemmorhoid. Your doctor will ease your mind and probably do some tests that will rule out all the things that are frightening you. Seeing blood where it's not supposed to be is scary - I know. I have been there. Everything turned out okay, though. Like you I made an appointment with the doctor and took it from there.I'm sorry your IBS is flaring up. I hope the UC isn't rearing it's ugly head and that you get to feeling better soon.I'm sure things will turn out alright.Let us know!laurie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts