Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be long tho i'll try to keep it short. i had been on abx for several weeks for an infection. i was taking biaxin and flagyl twice a day for weeks. about a week afterwards i got a severe really crippling pain in my lower left abdomin. it travelled up under my navel across to the right side. then my entire lower abdomin started burning like you poured water in it. then came the diahhrea and passing lots of mucous from the rectum, watery and burning. then the intense rectal itching. the itching was horrible, absolutely awful.i called my gastro and he said it sounded like an infection not ibs so he gave me xifaxan three times a day for three days. i've only got one day left but i still have the symptoms.i really don't think this is ibs and i'm scared. my husband just tells me to deal with it and my gastro told me he's booked up until march and won't see me.i'm thinking it's pseudomembraneous colitis or heaven forbid, c. difficile. does anyone have any ideas? i'm taking tons of probiotics. i also think i've got candida or yeast, cause i've got external vaginal area itching too.i've had no vomiting, no fever, no blood in stools, no blood in urine, just pain and lots of it. t his has been going on for about 2 and half weeks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No blood is a good sign.Have you tried Calcium Carbonate for the diarrhea? Sometimes people have a bit more bile in the stool than they should for any number of reasons and that seems to bind that up and is generally constipating.It would irritated the anus (itching) and can make things burn as well as make for bad diarrhea.you could also have a vaginal yeast infection so probably do something over the counter for that, and wouldn't hurt to put a bit of the cream anywhere you have itching down there.Tucks pads will help a lot if the itching was from irritated hemorrhoids which diarrhea can set off. Your GP might be able to do a C. Diff test if the GI doctor refuses to do anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.