Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am happy that I have found this form because I need help seeing if anyone else has gone through this. SOOO where to start....OK here we go bare with me on the back story. So I have had IBS issues for YEARS now that I think about it back to when I was in HS, and I am now 34.(M). IT seems to have gotten worst over the years but went to a new level about 3 years ago. I have been prone to have the "attacks" as we call them. For me it happens most of the time in the morning when I will wake up get the urge to go and all hell breaks loose. Massive intense lower abdominal pain, lots of straining, lots of bowels coming out,so crippling that I either cant to go to work or have to go in late. The type of pain where you cant leave the house. It evens can get so bad with the straining that I will start to sweat, get nauseous, and feel like the need to vomit( I have actually vomited twice on thees attacks ,more on that later).

So these attacks have occurred as long as I can remember but about 3 years ago I had one attack and I wasnt right after. Long story short my gut was upset for days, weeks, I had to end up having a endoscopy because it felot more like my upper stomach was the issue then. I had a scope Dr saw I had mild gastritis, and reflux. Well even after the scope the attacks leop coming and they thought it could have been my gallbladder. So I had one of those test where they inject you with the dye or drink whatever and they see if your gallblader is working right. Well I had the test and I had stones, and it wasnt functioning right. So they recommended it be removed, I did it. This was back in 14. Go figure I STILL HAD THE ISSUES. After this is where I began to have the lower gut pains now more often when going, and attacks became more frequent. I have tried levsin, and bentyl. Bentyl worked for me for a time, and levsin occasionally helped on active bathroom attacks. During this time frame my doc recommended probiotics, I have taken them ever since now for 2 years. Theese 100 worked for about a year. I dint have an attack for almost 1 year!

Then we came to May of 15, and we had an attack. They started again and became more frequent. In Nov of 15 I felt pain like no other and went to the ER, they discovered you you have appendicitis , so now my appendix is gone... YEP 2 surgeries 1 year apart almost to the day! So since then the attacks have been off and on. I also want to had I finally had a Colonoscopy last June, and guess what didnt see a DAMN THING. My colon was perfect I thought for sure I had to have IBD. Encouraging but not because we are still trying to figure out whats going on so this has lead to the IBS factor.

This comes to now...so two Saturdays ago I had an attack out of the blue on a Sat morning. This attack was a little diff as to I was going to the bathroom but I had tons of pain on my lower left side as I was going. Needless to say I have not been the same since. I also vomited I guess because the pain was so much it was all yellow bile because it was in the am and my stomach was empty. So this brings me to my symptoms, now since this happened I seem to have a VERY discomforting lower abdominal pressure just above my pelvic area and in my lower gut. Its soo bad and uncomfortable that I cant wear buttoned pants, makes it very ruff at work. If I press on that area I at times get the feeling I need to go to bathroom or pass gas but here is the catch I wont pass gas. If I try I wont. When I do go to the bathroom 90% of the time I will feel this pain in my lower left admonial area everytime, and my gut will be upset after. So in the past if I have felt like this I will clean myself out with Citrate, or take linzess my and I was good to go. This is not the case now, this pressure will not go away it always comes back, and its the worst on the left side but it can be the entire lower abdomen area. The pain for it is min, but the pressure is what makes it feel so bad. I felt something similar to this when my appendix came out but I know thats not it because I dont have one.

Now the funny thing is I know its worst M-F because I have to work, and im sure the anxiety makes it worst. So what will happen is I will actually get very gassy in the AM and actually pass gas, and allot. Then I will get the urge to go to the bathroom because when I sit down its puts pressure on that lower area, and I get the urge. This is normal I have always gone every morning like this, but the diff is when I go 80% of the time I will not go without feeling some pain since 2 sat ago. Sometimes it will mess my gut up for the rest of the day sometimes it doesnt like this morning. I will then get ready for work feel semi ok, but then put on pants and get in the car, and guess what. The pressure from the pant pushes down on that area and by the time I get to work, im either upset down there or get the urge to go.

I have been on linzess all weekend but im going to try to take it every other day because when at work if you have taken it before is not fun. Ive found when I take it less frequently more comes out but taking it everyday like I have since Friday I go twice or 3 times all liquid I dont know if its purging me. So I did not take it today. I want to add Levsin works when I am activly having attacks but when I take it I feel like whatever is stuck in there stays, and it waits for another day so to say. I did see my gastro doc last wed told him everything and he gave me a lower dose of linzess the 72 to try for a few weeks. So to answer the question as to when I take Linzess or Citrate do I feel better yes and no. Sometimes I do feel relieved and the pressure goes away but sometimes it doesnt at all. I want to mention that as far as food goess I feel like I can eat anything but I know the more I eat, or what I eat will make the next day be good or bad in the morning.

I also have noticed that the pressure kind of goes away after I eat at times. I want to mention that as far as food goess I feel like I can eat anything but I know the more I eat, or what I eat will make the next day be good or bad in the morning.So if you stuck with me through all this has anyone ever had this or felt this? I need to mention I have very bad health anxiety so im freaking out that I will never get this figured out and I know that doesnt help. So is anyone else going through this? I guess my fear is that there is some sort of blockage going on that causing it.

Please feel free to ask me questions or comment.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi Jay30002.

Sorry to hear about all your health woes.

I cut most of my underwear now to lesson the pressure on my stomach - you know the part that goes around your waist, the elastic part? I slice it in three places, across the front. It doesn't look good but it helps. Also it helps to buy pants that are too wide in the waist for you and to keep them up with a stretch belt (not leather).

I recommend taking something every day to help you go. Please read this when you have the time (click on below link to read):

http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/325690-the-abcs-of-chronic-constipation-aka-ibs-c/

Good luck and keep us posted!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts