Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I have a quick question: Does anybody have a small lump in their lower abdomen on the left side. (about an inch to the left of the bellybutton) Does anybody know what causes this? I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound at the end of the month - would this pick this up?Most days, my tummy starts to growl at about 12 pm. Then the lump appears. If I press on it, my stomach growls even more. I can also feel a really strong pulse around this area. I'd really appreciate some info about this. Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm really not sure what all that could be.The small intestines are there. The colon curves around into the sigmoid part where it winds over to center wher the rectum is. (If there is a valve or valve-like structure in that area pressing on it might be letting the liquid in the small intestine or the stuff in the colon move and the noise is usually from stuff moving from one place to another)There are a number of arteries in the area so that could be the source of the pulse...I would point that area out to the technition when you go in and let them know something seems to be going on there. K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm really not sure what all that could be.The small intestines are there. The colon curves around into the sigmoid part where it winds over to center wher the rectum is. (If there is a valve or valve-like structure in that area pressing on it might be letting the liquid in the small intestine or the stuff in the colon move and the noise is usually from stuff moving from one place to another)There are a number of arteries in the area so that could be the source of the pulse...I would point that area out to the technition when you go in and let them know something seems to be going on there. K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have you ever had surgery? I have a surgical hernia (sp) about in the same place and some days I can not only feel it (and it hurts), but I can kind of push it back in and I can feel gurgling through it, so may be what Kmottus is talking about. Good luck.Cindy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have you ever had surgery? I have a surgical hernia (sp) about in the same place and some days I can not only feel it (and it hurts), but I can kind of push it back in and I can feel gurgling through it, so may be what Kmottus is talking about. Good luck.Cindy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts