Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I have IBS or not, but this question is unrelated. Often I've noticed that when I have gas I have a slight cramping in my lower left pelvic area...right near the hip bone. I'm scared it could be my ovary. Is this normal? Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well I'm a man so I dont have to worry about my ovaries. But I also get a pain there. Maybe slightly further up than your describing, under the last rib on the left side, (this is a classic IBS pain spot as Kathleen informed me.) It is where the bowel kinks downwards on its way to the colon. I have a mild to moderate discomfort here almost every morning that is (thankfully) relieved with my morning movement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what bothers me...everyone says their pain is higher up near the ribcage. Mine is definitely lower, in the pelvic area. But it only happens when I'm gassy, so I guess that means it's likely NOT my ovary???

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's right where my worst pain is. I have had my ovaries checked out and there fine, but they had a hard time seeing them in the ultrasound because there was so much GAS in my colon right there. I haven't been diagnosed yet for IBS (i go to a GE soon), but I'm pretty sure that's what i got. the pain is there about 80% of the time, and varies from slightly annoying to almost making me nauseous.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SweetPea83:That's what bothers me...everyone says their pain is higher up near the ribcage. Mine is definitely lower, in the pelvic area. But it only happens when I'm gassy, so I guess that means it's likely NOT my ovary???
Same pelvic irritation here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts