Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
After years of slowly improving IBS-D, about a month ago I had an out-of-the-blue incident that seems to have knocked me back to square one or worse. One day without warning I felt this kind of hot burning sensation in my lower left quandrant (descending colon I believe), and a couple hours afterwords I experienced the most painful burning acidic D I've ever had. I mean it literally felt I was passing pure undiluted acid. I was in great pain and rather scared. This continued on for a couple weeks, but slowly got better like 2% a day. However ever since that happened, I've been getting these same weird hot burning sensations along with these shooting pains that feel kind of like muscle spasms in that same lower left quadrant. My D has come back with a vengeance and I'm planning to go back to the docs and see if there is something non-IBS going on, or if this is just another chapter in my ongoing IBS saga. But before I go in I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what this might be and/or what might help alleviate the symptoms?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I suffered/suffer from the same issues. I took probiotics and Gas-X along with having a smart diet and it brought the symptoms down quite a bit. I can even go a few days or so with no issues, but every now and then it pops back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts