Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

lower left sided sharp stabbing pain.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  surfboar 
#1 ·
I have not posted for a long time,but i have been on site many times reading all your postings.Since i last posted i have developed a new worrying symtom,i have this pain in the lowetr left hand side which is very sharp it only lasts a second or so but boy is it sharp it stops me in my tracks.This pain seems to be geting more frequent it feels as if something is passing over something and getting stuck and then releasing.I was wandering if anyone else has had anything like this and is it known to be part of ibs symptoms.It has started to worry me because its a new development.I still dont have any red flag symptoms to concerm me enough to visit my doctor.I still have all the other syptoms i had before but they are not as frequent i would be very greatful for any replies.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply Long Islander.I dont think it is the area you are refering to i have had pain in that area before that pain is like a stitch.The pain i am experiencing is in the left lower side in the groin area the pain also goes into my lower back and left hip its a sharp stabbing sort of pain which is very severe for a second or so i then get a dull pain in my lower back and left groin i have had this pain on and off for the past two weeks and its not getting any better. Thanks again for the reply i am very greatful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.