Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi does anyone else get lower right hand side pain? I've been getting it quite a bit lately and when I lie down I can see that the right side of my stomach is raised slightly. I have recently had problems with the diarrhea again and urgency. When I have had a bad morning my lower back really aches all day again and paracetamol dosen't get rid of the pain. Although I know codeine does help (didn't help the diarrhea as expected but helps the pain) but I try not to take that very often. I've also started to lose weight again (as I always do) which isn't a problem as I've been symptom free for the last 2 years and gained a lot of weight. I just don't know how out of the blue it can all come back again. Don't get me wrong, it isn't watery like before but I have to go and go and go and go again!...I got the flu, everything was wonderful before that, then 3 days later, it all came back. Does anyone have any suggestions how that's possible? How can the flu cause me to get it all back again?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can't answer most of your questions but my pain is always very low on the right side.Don't know what if anything it means but that is where it has always been.Not the most common place from what I gather reading others symptoms but then I am not that common to begin with, so I guess that follows....lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also get right sided pain under ribs into groin i suffer from ibs c and am waiting for a follow up appointment with consultant if he comes up with any miracles will pass it on but not holding my breath will just b happy if he can reduce the pain. feel fine on getting up starts 2 go downhill when i eat but have 2 eat 2 live.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Right sided pain is not unheard of in IBS. IBS pain can happen literally anywhere in the abdomen.Claire it is perfectly natural for IBS guts to take awhile to calm down after a virus. Just go easy and employ some of your old stand by methods for symptom management. Hopefully it will all calm down again in time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for your replies. Hopefully it will calm down again but I can't help worrying. Especially since my last episode of ibs lasted 8 years. I again have had another warning. Yesterday I had awful lower back ache all day from when I woke up and felt so tired all day but I didn't have diarrhea but I just knew it was on it's way, and like clockwork it's back again tonight. I'm just so fed up with this and I just want rid of it now. I know we all do, so thanks for your kind words everyone. If anyone so much as coughs at me in the future I might have to scream at them!!!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Clarie worrying can trigger symptoms. So I would resist the urge to do so. Watch your thoughts. I have learned negative breeds more negative and positive breeds more positive.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it is best to think positive wherever possible, it's just hard sometimes. I really thought I had sorted it this time but hey, things could be worse right. I will try.. Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I know it is hard to break a negative thought habit. But it is always worth it I find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.