Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again folks. My IBS has been a little crazy the last couple 3 weeks. Somedays (like yesterday) i'd be feeling pretty good but when i go to bed and lie down, my insides start going nuts. i start to feel cramps and feels like i have to have a BM. Does anybody else have this particular problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there =]I can relate, when my IBS is on an extreme flare up laying down makes my intestines cramp like there is no tomorrow, which usually ends in me fleeing towards the bathroom..On the completely flip side, when my IBS is steadily aching and messing with me for days on end, laying down is the only thing that helps..Ah..the confusion..the bathroom trips..the pain that convinces you your dying..doctors patting your head and telling you they cant find anything..No wonder we all need a support group..I hope you get to feeling better, try maybe a heating pad on your stomach at night? I personally drink maalox, and I know it shouldnt..but it helps the cramping.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i struggle to get the balance - when i'm nauseous lying down is the last thing i want to do! and also can be more uncomfortable but head feels better when it's down. i kinda feel its six of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other. hope you find what works best for you.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
When my ibs is flaring up i sleep downstarirs, i gave up trying to go to bed a long time ago.Trying to sleep sitting up isnt the best but it helps the cramps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.