Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the max. safe daily limit for magnesium which should not trigger D. I am looking for a calcium supplement but the ones I can see all have magnesium in the ingredients and I dont want to buy one which may have too much magnesium with the calcium.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
We are all different in that magnesium can put some in the toilet with the smallest amount and other can handel it. THe Caltrate Brand in the purple and white bottle has 40 mg and for some this is too much. I do not seem to have a problem with it though. You can just get a calcium carbonate and vitamin D and if it list magnesiun in the chemical content list it is not in an amount that will cause a problem in most cases. You can get other brands with the same ingredients and I use the Sam's Club version call Member's Mark which is the same as Caltrate in the purple box with 40 MG of magnesium.Linda

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
We are all different in that magnesium can put some in the toilet with the smallest amount and other can handel it. THe Caltrate Brand in the purple and white bottle has 40 mg and for some this is too much. I do not seem to have a problem with it though. You can just get a calcium carbonate and vitamin D and if it list magnesiun in the chemical content list it is not in an amount that will cause a problem in most cases. You can get other brands with the same ingredients and I use the Sam's Club version call Member's Mark which is the same as Caltrate in the purple box with 40 MG of magnesium.Linda

·
Registered
345 Posts
Magnesium is a bad actor for me. Even MD's unknownly tell us to take certain brands of stuff to increase fiber but many contain magnesium-- because they primarily are laxatives. They get defensive if you tell them about it.Last I checked there is a very good product which contains lots of calcium and little magnesium.It's called milk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Magnesium is a bad actor for me. Even MD's unknownly tell us to take certain brands of stuff to increase fiber but many contain magnesium-- because they primarily are laxatives. They get defensive if you tell them about it.Last I checked there is a very good product which contains lots of calcium and little magnesium.It's called milk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The problem with milk is some are sensitiveto the lactose that it contains.Someone posted a few days back about a brand of Calcium they found that doesn't contain any magnesium. I don't remember what the brand was. Maybe someone can remember and post it again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The problem with milk is some are sensitiveto the lactose that it contains.Someone posted a few days back about a brand of Calcium they found that doesn't contain any magnesium. I don't remember what the brand was. Maybe someone can remember and post it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.