Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have definately been having success with magnesium, but I do find I have trouble finding the exact amount to take.If I don't take enough I get backed up after about a week, but if I take too much I get nausea. And 'too much' or 'not enough' seems on how full or empty my system is. Somedays I can take 500 and have no nausea, but other days 200 can give me nausea! Other times I get on a perfect cycle where it works for a long time, hence the success of the magnesium, but once it gets screwed up - usually by my period, then I have trouble getting back on track.I like taking it before bed, because that way it works right away when I wake up - and I only go in the AM.Is it just that I have to take it with food? Any other suggestions?Thanks, LindaP.S. For all those who where waiting for Zelnorm, I'm sorry to hear it wasn't approved.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Ik,I take my magnesium right before bed. I have never had any adverse effects from it, but maybe you should try taking it with food and see if that helps.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I always take mine with food, otherwise I, too, get horribly nauseous.Ty

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think I need to take them with a meal, or is a snack OK?Also if I take them with a bit meal should I be taking more??Thanks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I only take the magnesium at night. When I tried it during the day, I had a creepy feeling like I had to "go" and then little bits and pieces would come out. Yuk. I don't know why it would be making you feel nauseated. I used to get more constipated before my period. It helped to use some perdiem with senna a few days before my period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts