Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kathleen and anyone else,I've had a very rough 3 weeks with chronic constipation. The chief problem seems to be that once I get a few minutes into a bowel movement, the only thing that happens when I keep trying--as I don't lose much stool in 3 minutes!!--is a spasming or trembling in the left side of my intestinal area. It feels like a cloggage is present, and that's why my muscles just "spasm" when I try for the BM... stool can't get past, so it's like the muscles can't do anything but vibrate. That's how I would describe it, anyway.You recommended Magnesium products to stop the spasming. I've been using Milk of Magnesia 2-3 times a week (my usual schedule for bowel movements) and while it does help, I'm still getting the spasming and therefore incomplete bowel movements. These are all very incomplete bowel movements, although Milk of Magnesia helps a bit. I tried something different tonight, I tried 2/3 of a bottle of Magnesium Citrate. While it gave me the most effective bowel movement in a while, it was nothing like the "blowout" effect I used to get when magneisum products were actually working. I'd estimate I only got 50% of the stool out--I can always tell when I'm still "full of it" down there. So, even with the 2/3 bottle of citrate, it didn't take long to feel that clogged spasming sensation again.What do you think could be causing that? It seems magnesium helps in some ways, but cannot prevent the spasms or the "clog" in my left side from occurring. Is there anything I could do differently?As mentioned previously, I have made many dietary changes over the months to help my problem, and these changes seemed to work.. until now. I hope that the spasming/cloggage will go away soon, as I've had it before and it does "come and go", but I'm worried it may become a longer-term issue. That freaks me out.Anyone have any other strategies? Is anyone else familiar with this "spasming" I keep getting?thanks,Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also for Kathleen, you have mentioned the Pelvic Floor theory many times for me, but I'm not able to see doctors and get these expensive tests run without insurance.Is there anything I could try on my own to "relax" the Pelvic Floor, if my problem is that?I'm still looking for some ideas as to why I get the left-side spasming, though. That, in particular, looks like the biggest problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.