Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Depends on your symptoms.It tends to loosen up the stools (which is why one laxatvie Milk of Magnesia has Magnesium in it).This may make people with diarrhea most of the time worse, but some with constipation most of the time use it BECAUSE it loosens up the stools.Some people are quite sensitive to even fairly low levels of magnesium in supplements.You do need some every day (it is an essential nutrient) but for some people the supplements cause problems.K.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have never heard that Magnesium was bad, quite the opposite as Kmottus pointed out. Since I have become a little C where as in the past I was IBS/D, I take a couple of Magnesium Oxide tablets a day. It seems to help me. Although a person that is IBS/D only, probably should not take any extra magnesium.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I happen to be one of those special IBS-D people who is highly sensitive to magnesium. Banishing it from all my supplements has made the difference for me between having a life and not having a life. (That is, I have one now!)Just another data point in the IBS BBS universe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts