Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just want to post something that is working for me. I tend to have colon spasms and for me, I know that the colon spasms mean that the food is "stuck". This may not be for everyone, but for me that is what it means. And it doesn't even mean really that I'm constipated, because my body is able to have bowel movements, but the stool itself is very dry and my colon thinks it's stuck so it starts spasming. I have one spot in the left side where it was almost spasming after everything I ate, and I was on a very restricted diet. So, due to another health issue I was having, someone told me to try magnesium to stop a different health issue. I began to notice that I wasn't having any colon spasms, and that I could stop taking my black strap molasses and black cherry juice morning and evening to keep bowels moving. The magnesium is keeping the stools moist. I am able to eat now without the god awful colon spasms. It is 175 mg Magnesium Oxide and 100mg of chromium capsules. I take one with breakfast and one with dinner. And it's working. It didn't help my other health problem, but it has sure stopped my colon spasms. Just seems too good to be true. HOpefully there are no long term side-effects with taking this. Thanx for listening, Genie

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Magnesium is a mineral you need every day, and you are taking a fairly low dose.The minimum you should be getting is around 400 mgs a day and the max daily dose is usually listed as 1000 mgs and you are well below that.Magnesium also acts as an osmotic laxative so that can keep the stool a bit wetter and easier to move. A fair number of people take this supplement to aid with constipation issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.