Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I woke up with a bad stomachache...higher than normal. It felt like an alien was stuck inside me. I had "constipated diarrhea" if that makes any sense. I called in sick because I could not bear the thought of being trapped at work all day. The pain never went away ( I still have it now but I forced myself to come to work today). I was wondering if anyone has had this before. I've had this pain when I've had a stomach virus but usually I have big time D with it. I took 2 chewable tabs of Imodium which I hope was not a mistake. I get so bummed when I feel trapped in this situation. I normally do not cry but the past 2 days I have been a crybaby. This may sound crazy but do you ever feel resentful of "normal" people when you are feeling badly. I know there are people with many problems that are worse, I was just wondering if people have had that feeling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Kris,I had that same exact kind of pain with C/Diarr. last week. The pain was really intense under my ribcage on the left side and even crawled around to my back. It hurt everywhere, but was really concentrated on the left side. I had that similar pain for a couple of days afterward too, only not as intense. I also called in sick to work for fear of being trapped, and sat around feeling depressed for a week. I'm finally feeling better but you never know when it will "hit" again, so you never really relax about it. It helps to hear about others in your situation and to realize you're not alone in your pain. I hope this helps a little.....take care.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Kris,I had that same exact kind of pain with C/Diarr. last week. The pain was really intense under my ribcage on the left side and even crawled around to my back. It hurt everywhere, but was really concentrated on the left side. I had that similar pain for a couple of days afterward too, only not as intense. I also called in sick to work for fear of being trapped, and sat around feeling depressed for a week. I'm finally feeling better but you never know when it will "hit" again, so you never really relax about it. It helps to hear about others in your situation and to realize you're not alone in your pain. I hope this helps a little.....take care.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Kris...I too have had that bad stomachache pain you are talking about...i think it might be an ulcer...i went to the doc about it and he wanted to do an endoscopy on me...plus a colonoscopy...which i chickened out and never did..my pain comes and goes...it will last about 2-3 days...all day long...not letting up...sort of like a squeezing feeling...that is how i describe it..knotting almost...hurting so bad that all i do it cry...i feel sorry for myself all the time...then i think about other people who are way worse off than i am...so if it helps...i feel your pain...and am here to talk anytime...Kathryn.Thornton###rbc.com...Love to ya...Kat

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Kris...I too have had that bad stomachache pain you are talking about...i think it might be an ulcer...i went to the doc about it and he wanted to do an endoscopy on me...plus a colonoscopy...which i chickened out and never did..my pain comes and goes...it will last about 2-3 days...all day long...not letting up...sort of like a squeezing feeling...that is how i describe it..knotting almost...hurting so bad that all i do it cry...i feel sorry for myself all the time...then i think about other people who are way worse off than i am...so if it helps...i feel your pain...and am here to talk anytime...Kathryn.Thornton###rbc.com...Love to ya...Kat

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both so much for writing...I am feeling better today which is great. I am trying to figure out m trigger foods...seems tricky 'cause some days I feel ok. I'm also trying to find calcium carbonate pills to try and slow everything down. They are hard to find! I was on calcium pills that were giving me D. I found out they had 1000mg of magnesium which makes you go. OOps! Take care and be well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you both so much for writing...I am feeling better today which is great. I am trying to figure out m trigger foods...seems tricky 'cause some days I feel ok. I'm also trying to find calcium carbonate pills to try and slow everything down. They are hard to find! I was on calcium pills that were giving me D. I found out they had 1000mg of magnesium which makes you go. OOps! Take care and be well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.