Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you get D within minutes of eating, and your food is coming out undigested, does this cause malabsorption? Does your body use any calories or nutrients from the food? I'm very into working out and strength-training, and am worried that my body is going to begin breaking down muscle if its not absorbing any calories or nutrients from my meals. Lately, within minutes of eating, my food comes out in the same form it went in...along with a bunch of water. Could I be taking too much mag and causing too much water to be drawn into my bowels? I'm only taking 500-700mg a day. I also take a muti-vitamin with 500mg of calcium. But I also get calcium (or try to) from food sources. I was originally diagnosed as IBS-C, so I'm afraid to take too much calcium. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
What's at the other end is already there. The food you just ate is still in your stomach.It's not abnormal for some foods like corn to bypass digestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.