Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, anyone know the answer to this?What is malodextrin? Well, I know it's a sugar (I think). But what is it made of? It's not soya isn't it (please don't let it be soya!). It's the main ingredient listed on my bottle of acidophillus. Thanks in advance.susan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
NO! It's NOT oil and it's NOT used as a milk substitute. It is simply a form of corn sugar that does not taste sweet. Basically, it's just a form of cornstarch that has been made "solubkle." I buy it in bulk and mix it in with drinks and liquid foods to add calories. It can be used as a calorie supplement. It is PURE carbohydrate (no protein or fat), and it is flavorless. It dissolves easily and gives me the extra calories I need to survive with IBS!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Aw comeon now, you gotta be pullin' our leg. Corn sugar that ain't sweet,and its also "solublke"?? Must be pure magic, right? Does this stuff make homebrew? Maybe we could buy it in the drum. Sounds like it sure gives you a lift. Anything that can do that has gotta be great!! Just a joshin', Good luck, Norb

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your replies. I am relived to learn it is derived from maize (now I'm just waiting for a maize intolerance to start up!) Goodness only knows why it is in my acidophilus, totally unecessary!

·
Registered
70 Posts
DONT TRY TO PUT ME DOWN AD. IT IS NOT A CORN STARCH IT IS A TYPE OF MAIZE ACTUALLY BECAUSE I RANG THE MANUFACTURER OF THE MILK I WAS GOING TO DRINK. I NEVER SAID IT WAS A MILK SUBSTITUTE I SAID IT WAS IN A MILK DRINK CALLED "SO GOOD", BUT ITS NOT REALLY MADE OF MILK. I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING A SUBSTITUTE FOR MILK SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE U GO MOUTHING OFF"!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.