Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt fine until we went out Saturday night. We went to a steakhouse here that we like. We've been there before. I had a couple screwdrivers (never a big deal), and some stuffed mushrooms. About 45 minutes later, I started getting this horrible headache. I just thought I was still hungry, so we ordered dinner. I had a coke with dinner, but my headache just kept worsening. We left to go home, and when I stood up I felt very nauseas. (usually don't really ever get nauseas) About 3/4 of the way home, I had to have my husband pull over. Violently ill. I went to bed immediately when we got home, and slept 11 hours. Yesterday, I felt very weak and dizzy all day, still had a headache. I even took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, (very unusual for me). I woke up with bloody "D". All last night I woke up about every hour with more "D" (no more blood). This morning, I vomited the water that I had drank during the night. I feel very weak and headachey. Not sure what this is, kinda sounds like food poisoning. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Torpedo Butt - I surely "hope" its not food poisoning! My cousin had food poisoning and she said she has never been so violently ill in her life! She had to "crawl" to the washroom she was so dizzy! You're not quite that bad are you? Nevertheless, I don't know if all cases of food poisoning are as bad as that.There is a pretty bad flue going around here in Sask. and also in B.C. - my daughter who lives in Victoria had it last week. Very dizzy, throwing up, the "runs", sometimes a very high fever - I know one person who had 103 temp. for a whole week.Hope you feel better soon...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Torp,Sorry that you're not feeling well.
You sound just like I did a few weeks ago. It started as a headache but the stomach ache was the worst. The D was really bad and the smell was gross. Stinkiest!! (Is that a word?) It took me almost 6 days to shake it. I thought I had a touch of food poisoning but I couldn't pin point any foods. My doctor gave me some Donnatal for stomach spasms and said it was the "bug" that is going around up here. I know how you feel Torp. I hope you get to feeling better.
Hang in there my friend. It does get better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sound's like the Flu...but I am not sure if that would cause bloody (D). I sure hope you feel better today..Here is a friend to make you feel better

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Sorry you're not feeling well. Have mushrooms ever bothered you before? The reason I ask is, for years I could eat mushrooms with no problems..then about six years ago they started making me violently ill, just as you described. In any case, hope you feel better soon.------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torp: I feel for you....last Wednesday night, I went through the same thing...I think I've still got a touch of it...unfortunately, I wish I COULD have thrown up....maybe I would have felt better. For me, I thought it was the couple of glasses of wine I had, but when, by Saturday, I still felt like ####, I figured I had picked up a virus.Stomach ache, headache, feeling overheated then cold, nauseau, terrible dizziness....Hopefully, it is a virus...not sure I could deal with some unknown illness right now.Surely hope you're feeling better though!!!DElise

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Oh Torp - you poor thing!! I sure hope that you're feeling better by the time you read this! In the meantime, maybe this cute guy will cheer you up?
------------------Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.Missycat

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hope you're doing better...maybe I can make you smile...Every night this man would go home after work and drink a case of beer. One particular night, as usual, he went home and drank about 6 beer. Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. When he answered the door, there was a 6 foot cockroach standing there. The cockroach punched the guy in the stomach and ran away.The following night, the guy drank only 4 beer, and hearing a loud knock on the door went to answer it. There was the 6 foot cockroach again. The cockroach grabbed the guy by the shirt collar, dragged him out onto the lawn and pummelled him, then ran away again.The third night, the man arrives home and before he can even open his first beer, he hears a loud knock on the door. Worried, he peeks through the glass on the door. The cockroach opens the door, drags the man out, body slams him into the driveway, and runs away.The man goes to see his doctor the next morning. He describes the events of the last few nights to the doctor. He then says to the doctor," I have to stop drinking...I think I'm losing my mind! What is wrong with me??" To which the doctor replies, " Oh, you're fine....but I hear there's a nasty bug going around."
------------------An' it harm none, do what thou wilt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Torp, so sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're better by the time you read this post.Don't you just love the joke by Sherlock? I surely do.------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Torp, I sure do hope you're much better by now -- I missed this thread over the last two days. It really does sound like food poisoning, but call your doc if you don't see an improvement soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PLEASE feel better. I know how that is. Mabey it's the flu. I'v heard its going around. GOOD LUCK and FEEL GOOD!

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you were feeling fine before eating, then got sick an hour and a half after eating, I would guess it to be food poisening. If it's still going on after a few days from the first day you got it, go see a doctor. Food poisening can be pretty scary, if left untreated. Hopefully, it's just the flu. I haven't heard of anyone here getting it (I live in vancouver), but you never know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Everyone,Thank you so much for all of your wonderful hugs!!!I feel a little better, but I just seem to want to sleep all the time. I also found out that my boss had this last week too - probably the flu. No more bloody "D" - thank goodness. I just ache all over, feel kinda nauseas still, and have more "D" than usual. I keep taking Caltrate about every 6 hours, hoping this will help me too.I'll let you know how I'm feeling tomorrow.You guys are the best!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Torp: Hope you get well soon. I don't like to be sick either but right now, I am sick too. I won't get into it. Too long a story right now. I hope we can all feel better soon.I have to write a story on the haunted topic so I have to move on. Check it out later. It is gonna take me a while to write it.AMF

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have read that different species of mushrooms affect people of various blood types differently. In Dr. D'Adamo's book, Eat Right For Your Type, he states that certain types of foods will agglutinate with certain types of blood more so than other blood types. The book cautions me, as a type AB, from eating shiitake mushrooms. No pun intended. Type AB's are also not supposed to eat the abalone mushroom. Type O's are supposed to avoid the shiitake and the common button mushroom. Type B's can eat any mushrooms. Type A's should avoid the common button mushroom and the shiitake. My fiancee is a different blood type than me and can eat portabella mushrooms with no effects. Portabellas will send me straight to the throne. I eat common button mushrooms OK, but if she eats those, she gets the D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Torpedo, sorry you were so sick, glad you'refeeling better. Maybe you should go to yourdoctor anyway if you had blood in your stool,just to make sure it was only the flu. I've never had bloody stool, so I guess that makes me nervous. ellie. (ps. love everyone's graphics)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Torps,Been thinking about you since you dropped in to chat for a minute Sunday night and were feeling so awful. I really really think you should call your doctor about the bloody D even if it has gone away. Glad you're feeling a little better. By the end of the week you should be 100%?? Hope so.And Sherlock - I loved that joke. I actually BURST out laughing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey Torp, hope you are feeling better. It sure sounds like food poisoning to me. The blood in the diarrhea is a dead give-away. I took care of a patient at the hospital last month with food poisoning from a Chinese place and man was he sick. Food poisoning is not fun. You can always have a stool specimen analyzed to see if you have it. You probably should do that so that the restaurant can be alerted. They would want to know so they can avoid it in the future. I hope you are feeling better. Keep trying to drink so you don't dehydrate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.