Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the long cold hard 165 mile drive to take my manometry test, the tech. wouldn't tell me how well the test went. Said the doctor would contact me in 2 to 3 weeks. I said that long? I might be dead by then. I'm having trouble breathing from all the laxatives I"m taking. (The nurse that gave me my urodynamics test, told me from the imaging device that I was so full of stool, she couldn't believe I could still eat or wasn't in constant pain).The tech said to me smuggly, if you were really that sick you'd be in the hospital already. Told my GI doc and my regular MD about the trouble breathing they both just shrugged. I'm taking 8 doses of mirilax plus 2 tablespoons of MOM a day to go. That gives me almost all liquid stools. Anything less and I'm blocked up and just not getting much stool out. Find it very diffucult to urinate when I get backed up at all.Saw the urologist twice, did cystoscopy and urodynamics test. Told me if constipation was my problem he couldn't help me. Everything else looked fine.The tech that did the manometry test did tell me that 99.98 percent of the people that do the test are recomended bio feed back for their constipation. Insurance or medicade doesn't pay for this, and I don't put much stock in it. My GI doc told me that was my problem from the first after a rectal exam said I was holding back because of previous pain. Although I've never had any pain, like he suggested. My mom called him up and told him that. He called back early and said he would have the results of the manometry in a few days and would call again.It also turns out since I went to the dermatologist, that I have staph infection, on my back side. I have had boils and acne there for as long as I can remember (decades). Was given augmentine for an antiobiotic and several other medications. The augmentine gave me constant diarriah so I stopped taking totally any laxatives for a while till I ran out of it.Back on the laxatives soon as I ran out of the augmentine, became constipated again. It was even harder to breath when I was on the augmentine then when using the laxatives. Thought I was going to die for sure on the augmentine. But I completed the first round with it. The dermatologist said It might take a long time to get rid of the staph infection.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The tech also explained to me that the bio feedback is for retraining the sphincter as it doesn't open up and let the stool out. And it gets backed up right at the bottom of the rectum.This actually makes sense, and is probably why warm water enemas worked so well for me at first.But then they stopped working. The nurse that did my urodynamics test said, they stopped working because the impaction went to a higher level then the enema water could reach.The tech that did my manometry said well, yes thats right but this test I'm giving you. Is only for the lower part of the rectum so I can't discuss anything else.It's like some madhouse were the facts are right in front of you but no one wants to talk about them. It's... all, well thats not my department,.. can't help you no matter what....I'm also wondering, if the staph infection I've had for so long may have played some part in my IBS constipation. But I don't know who to ask, as it doesn't seem to be anybodies department.I have noticed that I can wear some clothing that I couldn't before since I started treatment for the staph infection. You may recall I poste about not being able to find any clothes to wear. As they all made my skin break out and itch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another one of my problems, is I seem to be dehydrated a lot. Especially when I lay down to rest or sleep.I try to drink water, and some pedialyte. But all the diarriah stools are hard to deal with. I find it very hard to deal with warm air blowing on me. The warmer it is in a room the harder it is for me to breath.My dad likes to have it very warm in the house upstairs. But when he goes to bed he likes to have the temp. turned way down. I sleep down the basement, where it is already very cold, so when he turns it way down then I am freezing. And it's very hard to sleep.I am at about the end of my rope, my dad is so hard to be around. He wants to bundle up in a big blanket and then say it's to warm for him, while I'm freezing. He wants to lay around during the day and have his door open so no one can talk or he will complain.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The dermatologist, said my skin was okay, and the staph infection was under control.Still waiting for my GI doctor to call with the results of the manometery test. I want to grab him and shake him and tell him. I need a ostomy surgery, or I'm probably not going to survive. Why can't we move faster?It's so hard for me just to survive, I'm scared all the time.The people from SSI called, said I needed to see some of their doctors. If I wanted to get the funds and services they offer.Said I needed to be seen for my depression, and joint pain, and breathing trouble. I tried to explain, that the questran powder was prescribed for my diarriah and joint for my crones disease. And that I told my GI doctor and regular MD about the breathing trouble but they just shrugged, seeing as I was taking so much laxatives that dehydrated me. And seemed to give me the breathing trouble.The depression, I was treated for by my MD I was given Lexapro, but like all the other medication Ive tried it has made me constipated. So I couldn't take it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Are you willing to ask for Zoloft to try to treat the depression? It tends to cause diarrhea, even more than some other similar antidepressants. A fair number of IBS-C find it help, but it won't make the sphincter open when it should so may not be as much help until you get that working properly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw my GI doc early, got the results from the manometry said my sphincter was working ok. And there didn't seem to be a problem in the lower part of colon.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well that's good at least. So sorry.. as I know this constipation is horrible for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts